Friday, September 20, 2013



I was on my way to work this Monday, when my car started to smoke. Immediately, red flags began flashing in my mind, and I pulled over. After opening the hood and moving away, I gave my dad a call. He told
me it was probably one of the water hoses, but I couldn't find anything. He said that it would take him some time to get to the car and that I should give my sister a call for a ride. I wasn't too far away from the school where we both work, only about five minutes or something, so I gave her a call. She didn't answer, but promptly returned my call and said she needed to move around some meetings and stuff, but she would pick me up.

I waited around my car for a minute or two, and then decided I should cross the street, as she would be coming the opposite direction. As I started to run across the street, I heard someone call out from behind me, "Hey Stevie! Do you need a ride?" I whirled around, surprised to hear my name. There, waiting at the light, was Rachel Pray, on her way to the bank right near my job. I hopped into the car, thanking her and shared some of the stories from Youth Camp with her. I even arrived at work on time. Not only is God faithfulness expressed in the ride, but the fact that he didn't allow my car to break down until the end of the summer is providential! I start Drexel on September 23rd, and I'll be taking public transportation everywhere. Over the summer, I was even working at the same building that my parents work in! Their first day of work was, get this, the very next day. How faithful is God to care for our every need? Dare we doubt that He is caring for us?

Matthew 6:7 And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words. 
8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Soli Deo Gloria, 
Stevie Parris

No comments:

Post a Comment