Monday, February 10, 2014





Check out this story from my friend Simeon.

I was on my way to put in my deposit check for Widener and even though I was actually trying really hard not to, I somehow missed the parking lot to the building I needed to go into. This got me a little upset because now I had to spend another 5 minutes (I know, 5 whole minutes) turning around and getting to the building. Finally I got to the building, went it, and came out 5 minutes later with my receipt. Next fall I will be a Freshman at Widener. But that's not the best part of the story!


When I got out the building and began walking to my car, a young woman holding a purse, some orange juice, and a box of diapers, asked me where Crozer Medical Center was. She said she had been walking for a while and, unfamiliar with the area, couldn't find it. I walked over to her and pointed which way it was, then realized and said (at the same time), "I am going to pass it on my way home, I can just take you there if you want." She agreed and we drove to Crozer. Shannon, a Sophmore at Lincoln U living in West Philly, was going to visit her cousin who had just given birth to her son Aiden (who apparently weighs a solid 8lbs). 


Driving home after dropping her off I marveled at the sovereignty of God. Despite my effort not to miss the building, I did. As a result, I came out 5 minutes later and was able to help Shannon. And God didn't just reveal His glory through His sovereignty in this act, but also through His grace, particularly to the woman who would have been walking for who knows how much longer to get to Crozer. 


Christian, even in the littlest ways, God is sovereign. God desires to show His love to all. God desires for His name to go forth. And God desires all the glory.  Sovereign and good. Matchless in power. King over all the earth. Behold our God.

No comments:

Post a Comment